Thursday, October 28, 2010

Waste of an Activity

Paranormal Activity may be one of my least favorite movies.


For my third media meditation I will be talking about a movie I just watched recently. The other night some people stopped by and asked if we wanted to watch a movie. We all agreed and somebody decided they wanted to watch a scary movie. We ended up with Paranormal Activity. Paranormal Activity is a movie about a couple that is trying to capture, you guessed it, paranormal activity on a camera. The movie is shot in a very interesting way. The camera the couple is using is the only point of view we get for the whole movie. I find this so interesting because it almost adds a sense of helplessness to the movie because you literally can only sit and watch, as compared to other movies where you feel like you’re moving around a bit more. That said that’s about all this movie had going for it. For starters it’s a suspense movie…that’s it. I don’t mind a scary movie that has suspense, in fact I love those movies, but Paranormal activity is just suspense. I mean you sit there for two hours of suspense watching this movie, waiting for there to be a couple seconds of something happening, followed by the credits.



Photo Found Here

Also the parts that aren’t suspenseful are the same thing over and over again. Here is who the characters are: Guy, he is happy to have camera and thinks what’s going on is cool. Girl doesn’t like what’s going on and doesn’t thinks it cool, also she hates guy’s camera. I mean come on if I went to the theaters and saw this I would be pissed that it was just wasted time.. Now also to be fair I realize that seeing it in theaters where people are screaming adds a bit of fun to it but I really don’t know if it would have been enough for me. So as a test I’m actually going to go see paranormal activity 2 with some friends once we all have enough money. I just hope that this one isn’t as bad.

The 2nd movie's trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment