Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Stumbling Around


This is a post about an amazing websites and here is just a taste of the crazy places it takes you.



Video bleongs to youtube user Inspired Bicycles

A while back my brother was kind enough to send me a link. Little did I know this link would occupy hours of my life. The link led to a site called Stumble Upon (Link provided at bottom). Now this is a very special site, it is the ultimate convergence of websites. It takes you to some of the best sites on the Internet. It starts with you creating an account and checking off boxes of interests, things that range from photography, to games, cooking, movies, and so on, I select everything. Then the stumble bar loads. This is your guide on your quest to find the most amazing websites according to your previously selected interests, this is why I selected everything because you can find so many different and amazing things that stumble has to show you. Here are just some of my favorites.


Photo Found Here

Stumble is also a very cool site in my opinion because it can link to Facebook. Now yes, I do know that a lot of sites allow you to link to Facebook but stumble is very interesting about it. Because you are connected to Facebook you find all of your friend’s accounts. This allows you to see what pages they like and you can send messages to one another. It’s not on par with Facebook or twitter but it’s a nice feature and a step in the right direction.

Another cool video found on stumble!




This video belongs to youtube user Dc Shoes

Over all Stumble Upon is one of my favorite sites. It is a new and creative style of surfing the web and in my opinion is a great way to see the best that our web 2.0 has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment