Thursday, October 28, 2010

Media Meditation #4 Super Tony Hawk Racer


Hey gang I’m back this time to rate 3 more games for the worlds greatest videogame system, N64. These next 3 are actually some of my favorites. But first how about an old n64 commercial?

I put this in because while I was writing this I realized I don’t remember seeing any N64 commercials back in the day. But apparently there were. Anyway lets move on.

First I’ll start out with probably the most popular N64 game ever. Super Smash Brothers is possibly the most well know type of game. The game is now in its third part (Super Smash Brothers Brawl) released for the Wii, but back to the N64 version. This game is fun. It’s probably the best game to play with a group of friends. The game also has a story mode in which you have to pick a character too fight off all of the other characters. The games graphics don’t show off much but are very well done. I’d give it a 9/10. The music for the game gets a 10/10. Not because it’s the a collection of the greatest songs but because the songs do their job by adding interesting music while you and your friends brawl it out. As for fun the game obviously gets a 10/10. Final verdict is a 29/30, you should really play this game if you never have.


The next game is Tony Hawk Pro Skater (I realize that the image is for Play Station but I couldn't find much else.)

This is probably my favorite N64 game. It’s a game that allows you to skateboard around different levels that range from a skate park to area 51.The game also allows you to pull of moves that take lifetimes to learn and your character does it like they were born to. But onto the rating, first off the graphics in this game are pretty bad, I know a weird thing to say about my favorite game, I’d say they’re about a 6/10 because it’s hard to tell what everything is. Also just about every characters face is the same, even the girls. As for music it’s a hands down 10/10. This game has some really good and classic songs. I mean there are actually only about 10 songs in the game but they are all great. As for fun of course I’m going to give my favorite game a 10/10. So it’s a 26/30. This means you may not like it but you should still try it in my opinion, you just may love it too.


The last game I’m going to rate today is Star Wars Pod Racing. It’s a game by the popular Star Wars franchise in which you are a racer from Star Wars Episode 1. You get behind the controls of the crazy racing machines also known as Pod Racers. This is a real fast paced race that anyone who likes speed should play. Now for the game’s rating. The graphics in this game are about as good as Tony Hawk, and for the same reasons, you cannot tell what things are (this becomes a big problem in the game because you constantly crash into things you don’t see until the last second) 6/10. The music is also pretty bad. Sure it’s got the Classic Star Wars music but it also has a lot of, well, crap. It can’t be said any other way, the music just sucks, and it does nothing to benefit the game. 3/10. Thankfully the game is a lot of fun. This is another I would play with friends not only to see who’s better but because when you get to see if you can ram the other person off the track. Overall rating 19/30. You won’t be able to stand it for long but it will provide some fun.

All Images were found at each games Wikipedia page.

No comments:

Post a Comment